SSC to advertise 1 lakh posts in 2013-14
Hyderabad: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) hopes to advertise about one lakh posts across the country in 2013-14, its Chairman N K Raghupathy said here Thursday.
"Nowadays, we are able to fill up almost all the posts that we are advertising. I do expect that we will be filling up one lakh vacancies next year. The competition is increasing and therefore, the number of applications we hope to receive is about 1.5 crores," he told reporters here.
In addition to the advertisements for Government of India vacancies, SSC is also undertaking some additional recruitment for government organisations like Food of Corporation of India (FCI) and Prasar Bharati, he said.
The proposed recruitment for one lakh jobs in the next financial year include such organisations also, Raghupathy said.
The ratio of recruitment against number of applicants pan-India is 1:102, he said. "It means out of 102 candidates, one candidate finally gets selected," he added.
On December 15, SSC will be advertising 22,000 posts all over the country of constables in Central Armed Police Forces, followed by advertisements in CPWD, sub-inspectors in Central Armed Police Forces among others during 2013.
SSC also does recruitment for the about 100 Left wing extremism-affected and militancy-affected districts all over the country and there is reservation for candidates from those areas. Also, candidates from border districts have reservation in jobs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference