SSC to advertise 1 lakh posts in 2013-14
Hyderabad: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) hopes to advertise about one lakh posts across the country in 2013-14, its Chairman N K Raghupathy said here Thursday.
"Nowadays, we are able to fill up almost all the posts that we are advertising. I do expect that we will be filling up one lakh vacancies next year. The competition is increasing and therefore, the number of applications we hope to receive is about 1.5 crores," he told reporters here.
In addition to the advertisements for Government of India vacancies, SSC is also undertaking some additional recruitment for government organisations like Food of Corporation of India (FCI) and Prasar Bharati, he said.
The proposed recruitment for one lakh jobs in the next financial year include such organisations also, Raghupathy said.
The ratio of recruitment against number of applicants pan-India is 1:102, he said. "It means out of 102 candidates, one candidate finally gets selected," he added.
On December 15, SSC will be advertising 22,000 posts all over the country of constables in Central Armed Police Forces, followed by advertisements in CPWD, sub-inspectors in Central Armed Police Forces among others during 2013.
SSC also does recruitment for the about 100 Left wing extremism-affected and militancy-affected districts all over the country and there is reservation for candidates from those areas. Also, candidates from border districts have reservation in jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test