SSC to conduct exam for recruitment of 54,080 constables
Jammu: The government will fill vacancies of 54,080 personnel, including 53,200 constables, in the Central Police Organisation for which a written examination will be
held on June 5, a senior official said on Thursday.
"The Staff Selection Commission is conducting an examination to fill the vacancies of 54,080 personnel, including 53,200 constables, in CPOs," said Deputy Regional
Director of SSC in the North-Western region Naveen Sehgal.
He said that campaigns have been launched across the country to encourage people to take up the exams and notices for the recruitment were issued from February 5-11.
Ministry of Home Affairs has intimated that written tests for qualified candidates would be held to fill about 49,080 tentative vacancies of general duty constables collectively in
BSF, CISF, CRPF and SSB on June 5 this year.
Similarly, the written tests for about 5,000 vacancies in the ITBP and Assam Rifles will be held on May 1 this year, said Sehgal.
Over five lakh applications are expected from the four North-Western states (Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and J&K), including Union Territory Chandigarh, he said.
Candidates can fill the vacancies in the CPOs of the Union Territories and states they are domiciled in, he said, adding, separate posts have been reserved for border districts
and naxalite and militancy-infested areas.
The entire recruitment exercise is scheduled to be completed in six months for Assam Rifles and ITBP and nine months for other CPOs, Sehgal said.
For Jammu and Kashmir, he said, there will be special reservation for recruitment of constables in border districts of Kupwara, Baramulla, Poonch, Rajouri, Jammu and Kathua.
"In these districts, we have kept 236 vacancies to be filled up by the special recruitment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days