SSC to recruit general duty constables in CPO
Kolkata: For the first time, the Centre
will recruit general duty constables in all central police
organisations through the Staff Selection Commission.
The Union Home Ministry has intimated to the SSC of
about 90,000 vacancies of general duty constables collectively
in the BSF, CISF, CRPF SSB, ITBP and Assam Rifles, its
chairman N K Raghupathy told a press conference here.
Tests for ITBP and Assam Rifles were held on May 15 and
those for BSF, CISF, CRPF and SSB on June 5.
"We are in the process of recruitment of general duty
constables in the Central Police Organisations. This is for
the first time that the government has decided to conduct a
common recruitment examination for general duty constables in
the CPOs through the SSC," Raghupathy said.
The SSC has agreed to a request from the RPF to hold the
recruitment examination for 15,000 posts of constables for
which there are 27 lakh applicants.
"We have agreed to their request. The RPF wants us to
organise the recruitment process on a turnkey basis from next
year," he said.
Raghupathy said more central departments were seeking
SSC assistance in recruitment as it had considerably reduced
the recruitment cycle by introducing objective type tests and
nominated candidates in a time-bound manner.
"The Government of India has also tentatively decided
the SSC can take up recruitment to posts comparable to its
mandate in statutory and autonomous organisations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'