SSC to recruit general duty constables in CPO
Kolkata: For the first time, the Centre
will recruit general duty constables in all central police
organisations through the Staff Selection Commission.
The Union Home Ministry has intimated to the SSC of
about 90,000 vacancies of general duty constables collectively
in the BSF, CISF, CRPF SSB, ITBP and Assam Rifles, its
chairman N K Raghupathy told a press conference here.
Tests for ITBP and Assam Rifles were held on May 15 and
those for BSF, CISF, CRPF and SSB on June 5.
"We are in the process of recruitment of general duty
constables in the Central Police Organisations. This is for
the first time that the government has decided to conduct a
common recruitment examination for general duty constables in
the CPOs through the SSC," Raghupathy said.
The SSC has agreed to a request from the RPF to hold the
recruitment examination for 15,000 posts of constables for
which there are 27 lakh applicants.
"We have agreed to their request. The RPF wants us to
organise the recruitment process on a turnkey basis from next
year," he said.
Raghupathy said more central departments were seeking
SSC assistance in recruitment as it had considerably reduced
the recruitment cycle by introducing objective type tests and
nominated candidates in a time-bound manner.
"The Government of India has also tentatively decided
the SSC can take up recruitment to posts comparable to its
mandate in statutory and autonomous organisations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Australia lead India as South Africa slip to 6th in ICC Test rankings
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Three detained by police
- WATCH: SHOCKING! When Ashish Nehra abused Mahendra Singh Dhoni for dropping Shahid Afridi's catch
- 58 weightlifters caught for doping last year: Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
- PM Modi wants BJP MPs, ministers to highlight govt's schemes like LPG coverage, electrification of villages