Stalin meets Kanimozhi in Tihar jail
New Delhi: DMK leader M K Stalin on Monday met his half-sister and party MP Kanimozhi, arrested in
connection with the 2G scam, at Tihar jail here.
Stalin, who flew in from Chennai this morning, met
Kanimozhi at the Tihar jail accompanied by DMK Parliamentary
Party Leader T R Baalu and MP A K S Vijayan.
The atmosphere was emotionally-charged, and Stalin and
Kanimozhi were seen talking to each other for some time in
Tamil. The meeting lasted for over 30 minutes.
Stalin had earlier met Kanimozhi at the Special CBI
court here on May 24, four days after she was arrested in
connection with the 2G scam.
The DMK leader also met former Telecom Minister A Raja
and Sharad Kumar, Managing Director of Kalaignar TV, in the
Prison officials allowed the meeting after a request
in this regard was made by a DMK MP.
Stalin`s visit to Delhi comes a week after his father
and DMK chief M Karunanidhi met Kanimozhi at the Tihar jail.
Karunanidhi, who met Kanimozhi at the jail last week,
had told reporters on his return from Delhi that his daughter
was shut in the prison in an "inhuman manner".
He had also stated that Kanimozhi was suffering from
blisters and swelling on her body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu