Stalin meets Kanimozhi in Tihar jail
New Delhi: DMK leader M K Stalin on Monday met his half-sister and party MP Kanimozhi, arrested in
connection with the 2G scam, at Tihar jail here.
Stalin, who flew in from Chennai this morning, met
Kanimozhi at the Tihar jail accompanied by DMK Parliamentary
Party Leader T R Baalu and MP A K S Vijayan.
The atmosphere was emotionally-charged, and Stalin and
Kanimozhi were seen talking to each other for some time in
Tamil. The meeting lasted for over 30 minutes.
Stalin had earlier met Kanimozhi at the Special CBI
court here on May 24, four days after she was arrested in
connection with the 2G scam.
The DMK leader also met former Telecom Minister A Raja
and Sharad Kumar, Managing Director of Kalaignar TV, in the
Prison officials allowed the meeting after a request
in this regard was made by a DMK MP.
Stalin`s visit to Delhi comes a week after his father
and DMK chief M Karunanidhi met Kanimozhi at the Tihar jail.
Karunanidhi, who met Kanimozhi at the jail last week,
had told reporters on his return from Delhi that his daughter
was shut in the prison in an "inhuman manner".
He had also stated that Kanimozhi was suffering from
blisters and swelling on her body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video