Stalin meets Kanimozhi in Tihar jail
New Delhi: DMK leader M K Stalin on Monday met his half-sister and party MP Kanimozhi, arrested in
connection with the 2G scam, at Tihar jail here.
Stalin, who flew in from Chennai this morning, met
Kanimozhi at the Tihar jail accompanied by DMK Parliamentary
Party Leader T R Baalu and MP A K S Vijayan.
The atmosphere was emotionally-charged, and Stalin and
Kanimozhi were seen talking to each other for some time in
Tamil. The meeting lasted for over 30 minutes.
Stalin had earlier met Kanimozhi at the Special CBI
court here on May 24, four days after she was arrested in
connection with the 2G scam.
The DMK leader also met former Telecom Minister A Raja
and Sharad Kumar, Managing Director of Kalaignar TV, in the
Prison officials allowed the meeting after a request
in this regard was made by a DMK MP.
Stalin`s visit to Delhi comes a week after his father
and DMK chief M Karunanidhi met Kanimozhi at the Tihar jail.
Karunanidhi, who met Kanimozhi at the jail last week,
had told reporters on his return from Delhi that his daughter
was shut in the prison in an "inhuman manner".
He had also stated that Kanimozhi was suffering from
blisters and swelling on her body.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why