Stalin`s affidavit says he has assets over Rs 1.2 crore
Chennai: MK Stalin, DMK treasurer and son
of party chief M Karunanidhi has movable and immovable assets
of over Rs 1.12 crore, according to the affidavit filed by him
as part of his election nomination papers.
The Tamil Nadu Deputy Chief Minister has no vehicles in
his name and has a loan of Rs 70,000.
He filed his nomination for the suburban Kolathur seat
here for the April 13 elections today.
According to Stalin`s affidavit, he had a little over Rs
19.23 lakh and his wife Durgavathy had Rs 23.05 lakh in
movable property which included fixed deposit, joint account
with wife and life insurance.
The approximate value of his immovable property based on
market value was Rs 92.87 lakh. His wife had immovable assets
worth Rs 76.43 lakh.
While Stalin had Rs 50,000 as cash, she had Rs 25,000,
the 12-page affidavit said.
According to Stalin`s Income Tax filing for the year
2009-10, his annual income was Rs 5.08 lakh while that of his
wife was Rs 2.15 lakh.
A graduate of the 1973 batch from the Presidency College
here, 59 year-old Stalin had no pending cases against him,
the affidavit said.
Speaking to reporters after filing the nominations,
Stalin expressed confidence of a win in the constituency and
said that the DMK-led alliance will come out triumphant in all
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31