Stalin`s affidavit says he has assets over Rs 1.2 crore
Chennai: MK Stalin, DMK treasurer and son
of party chief M Karunanidhi has movable and immovable assets
of over Rs 1.12 crore, according to the affidavit filed by him
as part of his election nomination papers.
The Tamil Nadu Deputy Chief Minister has no vehicles in
his name and has a loan of Rs 70,000.
He filed his nomination for the suburban Kolathur seat
here for the April 13 elections today.
According to Stalin`s affidavit, he had a little over Rs
19.23 lakh and his wife Durgavathy had Rs 23.05 lakh in
movable property which included fixed deposit, joint account
with wife and life insurance.
The approximate value of his immovable property based on
market value was Rs 92.87 lakh. His wife had immovable assets
worth Rs 76.43 lakh.
While Stalin had Rs 50,000 as cash, she had Rs 25,000,
the 12-page affidavit said.
According to Stalin`s Income Tax filing for the year
2009-10, his annual income was Rs 5.08 lakh while that of his
wife was Rs 2.15 lakh.
A graduate of the 1973 batch from the Presidency College
here, 59 year-old Stalin had no pending cases against him,
the affidavit said.
Speaking to reporters after filing the nominations,
Stalin expressed confidence of a win in the constituency and
said that the DMK-led alliance will come out triumphant in all
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation