Stamp duty evasion order: Bhushan to move HC
New Delhi: Team Anna member Shanti Bhushan on Friday termed as "illegal" the order of Assistant Stamp
Commission slapping a fine of Rs 27 lakh on him for evading
stamp duty to the tune of Rs 1.35 crore on a property in
Allahabad and said he will challenge it in the high court.
"This order has been clearly made under political
pressure...," Bhushan said in a statement.
"This order.... is totally illegal and contrary to the law
clearly laid down in AIR 1986 Allahabad 107 case. Section 47A
which deals with evasion of Stamp Duty and has been applied by
the stamp collector is not even applicable in this case.
The statement alleged, "...even the stamp collector had
told the counsel of Shanti Bhushan that there is a lot of
political pressure in this case. This illegal order will be
challenged in the HC through a writ petition."
His comments came as Assistant Stamp Commissioner KP
Pandey said that Bhushan has evaded stamp duty to the tune of
Rs 1.35 crore in the purchase of a prime property in Allahabad
and has been been slapped with a fine of over Rs 27 lakh on
the outstanding amount.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you