Stampede like situation at Cong meet after short circuit
Varanasi: A short-circuit briefly triggered a stampede-like situation Wednesday at a Congress convention here which was being attended by the party general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Sparks due to short-circuit were witnessed at the tent where the two-day convention is being held and this led to a stampede-like situation with party workers running to safer places, according to eye-witness accounts.
However, the situation was controlled within minutes by snapping power supply to the particular area.
There was no loss to the tent due to short-circuit and no one was injured in the incident.
Gandhi, who inaugurated the UPCC convention this morning, was present at the time of incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people