Stampede like situation at Cong meet after short circuit
Varanasi: A short-circuit briefly triggered a stampede-like situation Wednesday at a Congress convention here which was being attended by the party general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Sparks due to short-circuit were witnessed at the tent where the two-day convention is being held and this led to a stampede-like situation with party workers running to safer places, according to eye-witness accounts.
However, the situation was controlled within minutes by snapping power supply to the particular area.
There was no loss to the tent due to short-circuit and no one was injured in the incident.
Gandhi, who inaugurated the UPCC convention this morning, was present at the time of incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali