Stampede like situation at Cong meet after short circuit
Varanasi: A short-circuit briefly triggered a stampede-like situation Wednesday at a Congress convention here which was being attended by the party general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Sparks due to short-circuit were witnessed at the tent where the two-day convention is being held and this led to a stampede-like situation with party workers running to safer places, according to eye-witness accounts.
However, the situation was controlled within minutes by snapping power supply to the particular area.
There was no loss to the tent due to short-circuit and no one was injured in the incident.
Gandhi, who inaugurated the UPCC convention this morning, was present at the time of incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Impact of Brexit on Mahindra Group will be muted: CFO
- Donald Trump says Britons ''took back control of their country'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch
- China mounts rescue efforts as tornado toll hits 98
- Bollywood smitten with Harshvardhan Kapoor's theatrics in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's 'Mirzya' trailer!-- See tweets