Stampede like situation at Cong meet after short circuit
Varanasi: A short-circuit briefly triggered a stampede-like situation Wednesday at a Congress convention here which was being attended by the party general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Sparks due to short-circuit were witnessed at the tent where the two-day convention is being held and this led to a stampede-like situation with party workers running to safer places, according to eye-witness accounts.
However, the situation was controlled within minutes by snapping power supply to the particular area.
There was no loss to the tent due to short-circuit and no one was injured in the incident.
Gandhi, who inaugurated the UPCC convention this morning, was present at the time of incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi