Stampede like situation at Cong meet after short circuit
Varanasi: A short-circuit briefly triggered a stampede-like situation Wednesday at a Congress convention here which was being attended by the party general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Sparks due to short-circuit were witnessed at the tent where the two-day convention is being held and this led to a stampede-like situation with party workers running to safer places, according to eye-witness accounts.
However, the situation was controlled within minutes by snapping power supply to the particular area.
There was no loss to the tent due to short-circuit and no one was injured in the incident.
Gandhi, who inaugurated the UPCC convention this morning, was present at the time of incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- No blanket ban on pellet guns in Kashmir Valley, to be used in 'rarest of rare cases'
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4