Stand-off with China would be solved through talks: Shinde
Daman: The stand-off arising out of Chinese incursion in Ladakh would be resolved through talks between the armies of the two countries, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Saturday.
The area was "no-man`s land" and disputed between the two countries, Shinde said adding troops of both the countries keep coming and going there.
"The issue will be resolved by talks between two armies," he told reporters.
Earlier in the day, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had termed the development as "localised problem" and expressed confidence that the issue can be resolved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India