Stand-off with China would be solved through talks: Shinde
Daman: The stand-off arising out of Chinese incursion in Ladakh would be resolved through talks between the armies of the two countries, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Saturday.
The area was "no-man`s land" and disputed between the two countries, Shinde said adding troops of both the countries keep coming and going there.
"The issue will be resolved by talks between two armies," he told reporters.
Earlier in the day, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had termed the development as "localised problem" and expressed confidence that the issue can be resolved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!