Standing committee of Inter-State Council reconstituted
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has reconstituted the Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council under the chairmanship of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister M Veerappa Moily, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister M K Alagiri and Law Minister Ashwani Kumar are its members.
Chief Ministers Lal Thanhawla (Mizoram) J Jayalalitha (Tamil Nadu), Parkash Singh Badal (Punjab), Manik Sarkar (Tripura), Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), Narendra Modi (Gujarat), Ashok Gehlot (Rajasthan), Oommen Chandy (Kerala) and Akhilsesh Yadav (Uttar Pradesh) are also members of the Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council, an official statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30