Standing committee of Inter-State Council reconstituted
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has reconstituted the Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council under the chairmanship of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister M Veerappa Moily, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister M K Alagiri and Law Minister Ashwani Kumar are its members.
Chief Ministers Lal Thanhawla (Mizoram) J Jayalalitha (Tamil Nadu), Parkash Singh Badal (Punjab), Manik Sarkar (Tripura), Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), Narendra Modi (Gujarat), Ashok Gehlot (Rajasthan), Oommen Chandy (Kerala) and Akhilsesh Yadav (Uttar Pradesh) are also members of the Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council, an official statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown