Standing committee of Inter-State Council reconstituted
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has reconstituted the Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council under the chairmanship of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister M Veerappa Moily, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister M K Alagiri and Law Minister Ashwani Kumar are its members.
Chief Ministers Lal Thanhawla (Mizoram) J Jayalalitha (Tamil Nadu), Parkash Singh Badal (Punjab), Manik Sarkar (Tripura), Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), Narendra Modi (Gujarat), Ashok Gehlot (Rajasthan), Oommen Chandy (Kerala) and Akhilsesh Yadav (Uttar Pradesh) are also members of the Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council, an official statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing