Standing committee of Inter-State Council reconstituted
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has reconstituted the Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council under the chairmanship of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister M Veerappa Moily, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister M K Alagiri and Law Minister Ashwani Kumar are its members.
Chief Ministers Lal Thanhawla (Mizoram) J Jayalalitha (Tamil Nadu), Parkash Singh Badal (Punjab), Manik Sarkar (Tripura), Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), Narendra Modi (Gujarat), Ashok Gehlot (Rajasthan), Oommen Chandy (Kerala) and Akhilsesh Yadav (Uttar Pradesh) are also members of the Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council, an official statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’