States asked to tighten security in festival season
New Delhi: The union home ministry has asked the states to remain alert and tighten security in sensitive places to foil any attempt to disturb peace during the forthcoming festival season, official sources said.
They said the ministry has sent advisory saying that terrorists may try to carry out attacks and all efforts should be made to prevent any such effort.
The advisory said that all efforts had to be made ensure communal harmony during the festivals and adequate security forces should be deployed at places where there was possibility of communal tension.
It said preventive arrrests should be made wherever necessary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam