States asked to tighten security in festival season
New Delhi: The union home ministry has asked the states to remain alert and tighten security in sensitive places to foil any attempt to disturb peace during the forthcoming festival season, official sources said.
They said the ministry has sent advisory saying that terrorists may try to carry out attacks and all efforts should be made to prevent any such effort.
The advisory said that all efforts had to be made ensure communal harmony during the festivals and adequate security forces should be deployed at places where there was possibility of communal tension.
It said preventive arrrests should be made wherever necessary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves