States` health infrastructure can be improved: Khan Chowdhury
Kolkata: AH Khan Chowdhury, who was on Sunday sworn in as Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, expressed hope that the health infrastructure in states like West Bengal would be improved with coordination with their governments.
"There should be no bias in the matter of development of health infrastructure in states," Khan Chowdhury, younger brother of former Union minister late ABA Ghani Khan Chowdhury, told a private TV channel hours after taking oath.
Asked about the setting up of the much-touted AIIMS type super speciality hospital in West Bengal, he said that he would strive to ensure that the project turns into a reality.
About the problems of land acquisition, he said the state government would be duly consulted.
Congress favours setting up of an AIIMS-type super speciality hospital at Raiganj in North Dinajpur district as against the Mamata Banerjee government`s plan to have it at Kalyani in Nadia district.
Khan Chowdhury said he would like to have cooperation of all political parties, irrespective of political differences, to ensure industrial development in West Bengal.
Meanwhile, there was a mood of celebration in the constituencies represented by the three Congress MPs who were inducted into the Union Council of Ministers.
Congress workers burst crackers and brought out processions at Raiganj, Malda and Behrampore constituencies, represented by Khan Chowdhury, Deepa Dasmunshi and Adhir Chowdhury respectively, with cutouts of the three leaders to celebrate the induction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says