States` health infrastructure can be improved: Khan Chowdhury
Kolkata: AH Khan Chowdhury, who was on Sunday sworn in as Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, expressed hope that the health infrastructure in states like West Bengal would be improved with coordination with their governments.
"There should be no bias in the matter of development of health infrastructure in states," Khan Chowdhury, younger brother of former Union minister late ABA Ghani Khan Chowdhury, told a private TV channel hours after taking oath.
Asked about the setting up of the much-touted AIIMS type super speciality hospital in West Bengal, he said that he would strive to ensure that the project turns into a reality.
About the problems of land acquisition, he said the state government would be duly consulted.
Congress favours setting up of an AIIMS-type super speciality hospital at Raiganj in North Dinajpur district as against the Mamata Banerjee government`s plan to have it at Kalyani in Nadia district.
Khan Chowdhury said he would like to have cooperation of all political parties, irrespective of political differences, to ensure industrial development in West Bengal.
Meanwhile, there was a mood of celebration in the constituencies represented by the three Congress MPs who were inducted into the Union Council of Ministers.
Congress workers burst crackers and brought out processions at Raiganj, Malda and Behrampore constituencies, represented by Khan Chowdhury, Deepa Dasmunshi and Adhir Chowdhury respectively, with cutouts of the three leaders to celebrate the induction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan