States` health infrastructure can be improved: Khan Chowdhury
Kolkata: AH Khan Chowdhury, who was on Sunday sworn in as Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, expressed hope that the health infrastructure in states like West Bengal would be improved with coordination with their governments.
"There should be no bias in the matter of development of health infrastructure in states," Khan Chowdhury, younger brother of former Union minister late ABA Ghani Khan Chowdhury, told a private TV channel hours after taking oath.
Asked about the setting up of the much-touted AIIMS type super speciality hospital in West Bengal, he said that he would strive to ensure that the project turns into a reality.
About the problems of land acquisition, he said the state government would be duly consulted.
Congress favours setting up of an AIIMS-type super speciality hospital at Raiganj in North Dinajpur district as against the Mamata Banerjee government`s plan to have it at Kalyani in Nadia district.
Khan Chowdhury said he would like to have cooperation of all political parties, irrespective of political differences, to ensure industrial development in West Bengal.
Meanwhile, there was a mood of celebration in the constituencies represented by the three Congress MPs who were inducted into the Union Council of Ministers.
Congress workers burst crackers and brought out processions at Raiganj, Malda and Behrampore constituencies, represented by Khan Chowdhury, Deepa Dasmunshi and Adhir Chowdhury respectively, with cutouts of the three leaders to celebrate the induction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened