States must be careful in sending cops to other states: MHA
New Delhi: In the wake of many Delhiites taking police guards from other states, the Home Ministry is likely to ask all states to verify the antecedents of such persons before providing security cover and coordinate with local police where the protectee is living.
The move comes after the Delhi Police approached the Home Ministry taking strong objection to a large number of security personnel of neighbouring states guarding many individuals who live in the national capital.
The Home Ministry is expected to ask the states to be extremely careful while providing security guards to private individuals living in other states and make it mandatory for such personnel to be in regular touch with local police for better coordination and avoid any untoward incident.
Citing the killing of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep, the Delhi Police said personnel of Punjab Police and Uttarakhand Police were present at the crime scene.
Both Ponty and Hardeep were guarded by Punjab Police and in his alleged attempt to garb a farm house, Ponty was reportedly accompanied by Uttarakhand Minorities Commission Chairman Sukhdev Singh Namdhari and his PSO given by the Uttarakhand Police.
The Home Ministry may also ask the state police forces to ensure that any PSO assigned to any individual do not take part or use force in any unlawful activities of the protectee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video