States responsible for growing menace of Naxalism: Minister
Patna: States are responsible for growing Naxal-related incidents and there is no justification in Home Minister P Chidambaram seking to resign after the Dantewada attack, a senior Union cabinet minister on Saturday said.
"Chidambaram sought to resign owning moral responsibility
for the Dantewada incident...But there is no justification for
it as states have to rein in the growing Naxal-related
incidents," Union Food Processing Minister Subodh Kant Sahay
told reporters here.
He said states should realise the fact that growth of
Naxalites is because of the existing socio-economic problems.
"States have failed to achieve the desired development and
unless these problems are properly addressed, the Maoists
won`t be uprooted," he said.
Sahay said there should be proper coordination between
the state and the central force personnel for effective
operations against Maoists.
"The non-cooperation of the states with the Centre is
evident from the absence of chief Ministers of Bihar and
Jharkhand at a crucial meeting called by Chidambaram in
Kolkata recently," Sahay said.
Chidambaram had offered to quit from the government in
the wake of the deadliest attack by Naxals in Chhattisgarh in
which 76 security personnel were killed. Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh, however, rejected his resignation letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi