States responsible for growing menace of Naxalism: Minister
Patna: States are responsible for growing Naxal-related incidents and there is no justification in Home Minister P Chidambaram seking to resign after the Dantewada attack, a senior Union cabinet minister on Saturday said.
"Chidambaram sought to resign owning moral responsibility
for the Dantewada incident...But there is no justification for
it as states have to rein in the growing Naxal-related
incidents," Union Food Processing Minister Subodh Kant Sahay
told reporters here.
He said states should realise the fact that growth of
Naxalites is because of the existing socio-economic problems.
"States have failed to achieve the desired development and
unless these problems are properly addressed, the Maoists
won`t be uprooted," he said.
Sahay said there should be proper coordination between
the state and the central force personnel for effective
operations against Maoists.
"The non-cooperation of the states with the Centre is
evident from the absence of chief Ministers of Bihar and
Jharkhand at a crucial meeting called by Chidambaram in
Kolkata recently," Sahay said.
Chidambaram had offered to quit from the government in
the wake of the deadliest attack by Naxals in Chhattisgarh in
which 76 security personnel were killed. Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh, however, rejected his resignation letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested