States showed there isn`t substitute to good governance: BJP
New Delhi: BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad on Thursday alleged that UPA`s failure to ensure good governance was responsible for retarded progress in key sectors, and compared it with the double digit growth rate in BJP ruled states.
Observing that there is no substitute to good governance, Prasad said people are beginning to recognise performance.
"Why is it that amid the gloom there are states which are recording a growth record of 10 per in comparison to the national negative growth rate. This is because of good governance," he said.
People are beginning to recognise performance. Those who perform are being rewarded. Those who don`t are being shown the door, he said while addressing the Annual General Body meeting of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) here.
Slamming Planning Commission deputy chairperson Montek Singh Ahluwalia who appeared to back the Delhi government`s move to hike power tariff, Prasad said Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh were able to promise 24 hours power supply without raising the tariff rate because they went by proper management and strengthening distribution system.
"I am of the considered view that good governance is the link between good economics and good politics. But nothing would suffice unless delivery would be good," he said.
He said the growth momentum initiated during the NDA regime in sectors such as telecom and highways had slowed down as the present dispensation has failed in providing good governance.
"Such an extraordinary success in national highways has came almost to a state of collapse and the NHAI got mired in CBI raids, corruption in allocation contracts, and some are exiting. The growth story initiated in the NDA rule in the telecom has come to a nought," he said.
He also raised the coal block allocation issue and said the growth in the real estate sector has also "come under serious suspicion" in the wake of charges of irregularities and nepotism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark