Statutory probe ordered into Rajdhani derailment
Patna: Railways has ordered a statutory
probe into the derailment of 14 coaches of New Delhi-Guwahati
Rajdhani Express in Bihar Tuesday in which eleven passengers
escaped with minor injuries.
The probe will be conducted by Commissioner, Railway
Safety, Eastern Region, official sources said.
Forensic experts from here have reached the spot and
would find out whether there was an explosion which led to the
derailment at Amba halt in Khagaria-Katihar section near
Naugachia railway station in Bihar this morning, they said.
Eleven passengers escaped with minor injuries in the
Meanwhile, authorities did not rule out sabotage in the
"We can`t rule out sabotage and Maoists` or anti-socials`
hands in it ... Some broken sleepers, railway tracks in a
stretch of 12 feet, besides crushed cement have been found
strewn at the spot," Sonepur Divisional Railway Manager R K
ADG (Railway) S K Bhardwaj, however, did not subscribe to
the sabotage theory and said some passengers on board the
train had informed that they did not hear any sound of
explosion on the track.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27