Statutory probe ordered into Rajdhani derailment
Patna: Railways has ordered a statutory
probe into the derailment of 14 coaches of New Delhi-Guwahati
Rajdhani Express in Bihar Tuesday in which eleven passengers
escaped with minor injuries.
The probe will be conducted by Commissioner, Railway
Safety, Eastern Region, official sources said.
Forensic experts from here have reached the spot and
would find out whether there was an explosion which led to the
derailment at Amba halt in Khagaria-Katihar section near
Naugachia railway station in Bihar this morning, they said.
Eleven passengers escaped with minor injuries in the
Meanwhile, authorities did not rule out sabotage in the
"We can`t rule out sabotage and Maoists` or anti-socials`
hands in it ... Some broken sleepers, railway tracks in a
stretch of 12 feet, besides crushed cement have been found
strewn at the spot," Sonepur Divisional Railway Manager R K
ADG (Railway) S K Bhardwaj, however, did not subscribe to
the sabotage theory and said some passengers on board the
train had informed that they did not hear any sound of
explosion on the track.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional