Statutory probe ordered into Rajdhani derailment
Patna: Railways has ordered a statutory
probe into the derailment of 14 coaches of New Delhi-Guwahati
Rajdhani Express in Bihar Tuesday in which eleven passengers
escaped with minor injuries.
The probe will be conducted by Commissioner, Railway
Safety, Eastern Region, official sources said.
Forensic experts from here have reached the spot and
would find out whether there was an explosion which led to the
derailment at Amba halt in Khagaria-Katihar section near
Naugachia railway station in Bihar this morning, they said.
Eleven passengers escaped with minor injuries in the
Meanwhile, authorities did not rule out sabotage in the
"We can`t rule out sabotage and Maoists` or anti-socials`
hands in it ... Some broken sleepers, railway tracks in a
stretch of 12 feet, besides crushed cement have been found
strewn at the spot," Sonepur Divisional Railway Manager R K
ADG (Railway) S K Bhardwaj, however, did not subscribe to
the sabotage theory and said some passengers on board the
train had informed that they did not hear any sound of
explosion on the track.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!