Staying at Taj was a `message` to terrorists: Hillary
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary
Clinton has said that by staying at the Taj Hotel in Mumbai,
targeted during 26/11 attacks, she wanted to send the message
that the US and India will work together to "stamp out"
terrorism and are "not giving in" to terrorists.
"I wanted to start in Mumbai and I wanted to stay here
(at Taj), and I wanted to show our sympathy and solidarity for
the people who lost their lives and were injured in the
terrorist attack and for those who courageously prevented more
deaths and injury," she said.
She wanted to "make it very clear" that "we`re going to
work together to stamp out the scourge of terrorism," Clinton
said in an interview recorded in Mumbai for the "On the
Record" programme of Fox News channel.
"I think part of staying here, part of the message that I
want to send is that, just like we did after 9/11, we are not
giving in. We are not in any way intimidated by the
terrorists," the 61-year-old top American diplomat said.
She said she was "very anxious" to come to India.
"We waited until after their elections were over, which
we thought appropriate. And then as soon as I could, I
scheduled a trip to come and talk to the leaders about all the
issues that we are going to work on together," Clinton said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC