Steps taken to modify BrahMos missile: DRDO
Nagercoil (TN): Steps are being taken to
modify the BrahMos missile to be used both by the Air Force
and Army, Dr Siva Thanu Pillai, Chief Controller (R&D ,
Defence Research and Development Organisation said here today.
Efforts are on to develop the supersonic BrahMos-2
missile, Pillai, also CEO and MD, BrahMos Aerospace, told
Steps have been taken to manufacture parts of the missile
from the Army Research Centre at Thiruvanathapuram and the
"first stage" is in progress, he added.
BrahMos missile, a joint venture of India and Russia, was
well received in the international community and some
countries are eager to buy the missile, the DRDO chief
The test of an upgraded BrahMos supersonic cruise missile
failed twice in this year after which the Army refused to
accept the weapon unless proved. The third test, however, in
March hit the bull`s eye.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days