Steps taken to modify BrahMos missile: DRDO
Nagercoil (TN): Steps are being taken to
modify the BrahMos missile to be used both by the Air Force
and Army, Dr Siva Thanu Pillai, Chief Controller (R&D ,
Defence Research and Development Organisation said here today.
Efforts are on to develop the supersonic BrahMos-2
missile, Pillai, also CEO and MD, BrahMos Aerospace, told
Steps have been taken to manufacture parts of the missile
from the Army Research Centre at Thiruvanathapuram and the
"first stage" is in progress, he added.
BrahMos missile, a joint venture of India and Russia, was
well received in the international community and some
countries are eager to buy the missile, the DRDO chief
The test of an upgraded BrahMos supersonic cruise missile
failed twice in this year after which the Army refused to
accept the weapon unless proved. The third test, however, in
March hit the bull`s eye.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India