Sticking to protocol, Suu Kyi to meet PM Singh
New Delhi: Sticking to protocol, Myanmar`s pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at his hotel in Yangon during his three-day visit to that country next week.
The talks between Singh and Suu Kyi, the leader of the opposition, will take place at Hotel Sedona, where the Prime Minister will stay during his brief stay in Myanmar`s commercial capital, on the morning of Tuesday.
Singh undertakes a three-day state visit to Myanmar from May 27 to 29.
The finalization of the venue of the meeting between the two leaders, announced by Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai, ends speculation whether Suu Kyi will meet Singh at his hotel or the Indian Prime Minister, setting aside protocol, would travel to the democracy icon`s lakeside residence in Yangon.
A galaxy of world leaders, including British Prime Minister David Cameron, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and UN Secretary General Ban-ki Moon had met Suu Kyi, the 66-year-old Nobel Laureate, at her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days