Sticking to protocol, Suu Kyi to meet PM Singh
New Delhi: Sticking to protocol, Myanmar`s pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at his hotel in Yangon during his three-day visit to that country next week.
The talks between Singh and Suu Kyi, the leader of the opposition, will take place at Hotel Sedona, where the Prime Minister will stay during his brief stay in Myanmar`s commercial capital, on the morning of Tuesday.
Singh undertakes a three-day state visit to Myanmar from May 27 to 29.
The finalization of the venue of the meeting between the two leaders, announced by Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai, ends speculation whether Suu Kyi will meet Singh at his hotel or the Indian Prime Minister, setting aside protocol, would travel to the democracy icon`s lakeside residence in Yangon.
A galaxy of world leaders, including British Prime Minister David Cameron, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and UN Secretary General Ban-ki Moon had met Suu Kyi, the 66-year-old Nobel Laureate, at her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'