Sticking to protocol, Suu Kyi to meet PM Singh
New Delhi: Sticking to protocol, Myanmar`s pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at his hotel in Yangon during his three-day visit to that country next week.
The talks between Singh and Suu Kyi, the leader of the opposition, will take place at Hotel Sedona, where the Prime Minister will stay during his brief stay in Myanmar`s commercial capital, on the morning of Tuesday.
Singh undertakes a three-day state visit to Myanmar from May 27 to 29.
The finalization of the venue of the meeting between the two leaders, announced by Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai, ends speculation whether Suu Kyi will meet Singh at his hotel or the Indian Prime Minister, setting aside protocol, would travel to the democracy icon`s lakeside residence in Yangon.
A galaxy of world leaders, including British Prime Minister David Cameron, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and UN Secretary General Ban-ki Moon had met Suu Kyi, the 66-year-old Nobel Laureate, at her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday