Stop `Operation Green Hunt`: Medha Patkar
Indore: Noted social worker Medha Patkar
on Friday demanded immediate halt to "Operation Green Hunt" in the
Naxal-hit areas, saying it was affecting tribals in a big way.
"What the government is doing in the name of Operation
Green Hunt is affecting the tribals in a big way. It is
forcing them to move away from their land and therefore it
should be stopped immediately," she told reporters at Indore
After the massacre of 76 CRPF personnel in Dantewada
district of Chhattisgarh, Union Home Minister, P Chidambaram
had said "no Operation Green Hunt is going on against
Terming the April 6 killing of CRPF men as
unfortunate, Patkar said "I don`t know on what basis we were
labelled as Naxal-supporters. But definitely, we are the
supporters of those tribals who are aware of their rights
and did not even know who the Mao was."
The Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) leader said she was
opposed to violent solution of any problem irrespective of who
gets killed - Maoists, CRPF jawans or tribals.
Advocating equal distribution of fruits of
development, the social activist said innocent tribals should
not be removed from their land in the name of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi