Stop shedding crocodile tears over Sarabjit`s death: Rudy to Rahul
Patna: Rahul Gandhi and Congress leaders should stop shedding "crocodile tears" over Sarabjit Singh`s death, BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy said on Thursday and demanded that the government makes a statement about steps taken to save the death row prisoner in Pakistan.
"Today Congress crown prince Rahul Gandhi and other party leaders are shedding crocodile tears before the kin of Sarabjit Singh," Rudy told reporters here.
"He (Rahul) is considered as the future prime minister by Congress ... He should answer why he was silent for the past one week when Sarabjit Singh was battling for life in Pakistan," the BJP leader said.
Rudy said the UPA government owes an explanation to the nation about steps it took to save Sarabjit`s life and why it did not send a team of doctors to Pakistan.
"Sarabjit`s family and intelligence reports had expressed fear of attack on him in Pakistan jail after the hanging of Afzal Guru and Ajmal Kasab. So why did UPA government not act timely to save his life?" Rudy asked.
The BJP spokesman made a scathing attack on the Manmohan Singh government for its "weak" foreign policy.
"Today China and even a smaller country like Maldives are talking tough. Pakistan killed Sarabjit Singh," he said and demanded that the Prime Minister informs the nation what policy has been adopted to deal with them.
BJP would back the government if it takes any step against the Chinese aggression in Ladakh, Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!