Stop shedding crocodile tears over Sarabjit`s death: Rudy to Rahul
Patna: Rahul Gandhi and Congress leaders should stop shedding "crocodile tears" over Sarabjit Singh`s death, BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy said on Thursday and demanded that the government makes a statement about steps taken to save the death row prisoner in Pakistan.
"Today Congress crown prince Rahul Gandhi and other party leaders are shedding crocodile tears before the kin of Sarabjit Singh," Rudy told reporters here.
"He (Rahul) is considered as the future prime minister by Congress ... He should answer why he was silent for the past one week when Sarabjit Singh was battling for life in Pakistan," the BJP leader said.
Rudy said the UPA government owes an explanation to the nation about steps it took to save Sarabjit`s life and why it did not send a team of doctors to Pakistan.
"Sarabjit`s family and intelligence reports had expressed fear of attack on him in Pakistan jail after the hanging of Afzal Guru and Ajmal Kasab. So why did UPA government not act timely to save his life?" Rudy asked.
The BJP spokesman made a scathing attack on the Manmohan Singh government for its "weak" foreign policy.
"Today China and even a smaller country like Maldives are talking tough. Pakistan killed Sarabjit Singh," he said and demanded that the Prime Minister informs the nation what policy has been adopted to deal with them.
BJP would back the government if it takes any step against the Chinese aggression in Ladakh, Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!