Stop witch-hunt against Justice Ganguly: Swamy
New Delhi: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy has asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take necessary steps to stop the "witch-hunt" against Justice (retd) A K Ganguly in the case of his alleged sexual harassment of a law intern.
In a letter to Singh, he said there has to be an impartial investigation to determine the truth as to what happened in the "media-driven episode of a former intern alleging `unwelcome` behaviour" by the former Supreme Court judge.
Swamy said it was "extremely important at this juncture to get an investigation completed before any precipitate action is taken merely to make out Justice Ganguly guilty without an opportunity of being heard".
He noted that the statutes governing the chairperson`s tenure at the West Bengal Human Rights Commission make it clear that the chairperson can be removed from the post only if he or she is convicted.
The former law intern has hit back at Justice Ganguly for denying the charges and hinted that she may file a police complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill