Storage position of Ganga, Narmada below 10-yr average
New Delhi: As monsoon gathers momentum,
West flowing rivers were flowing close to their normal level
whereas storage position of rivers like Ganga and Narmada was
below their 10-year average, latest data issued by the Central
Water Commission said today.
The storage position in Indus, rivers of Kutch,
Krishna, Cauvery and North-East flowing rivers and West
flowing rivers of South basins was recorded close to normal.
But that of river Ganga, Narmada, Mahi, Tapi, Sabarmati,
Godavari and Mahanadi was deficient when compared to the
average of previous 10 years.
According to the CWC, the combined live storage in 81
major reservoirs at the beginning of monsoon was 13 per cent
of their designed capacity and stood at 27 per cent of
designed capacity as on July 29.
The present storage is 76 per cent of last year`s
storage and 81 per cent of last 10 years` average storage
during the same period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- We envy you, Sonakshi Sinha!– Here's why
- Aishwarya wanted to be discussed: Sonam Kapoor on 'purple lips' at Cannes
- German bakery blast convict attacks Yug Chandak murder convict Daware in jail
- Mahresult.nic.in HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: MSBSHSE Class 12th XII Exam Results 2016 to be declared today on hscresult.mkcl.org - how to check
- Civilian shot dead in J&K's Kupwara