Storage position of Ganga, Narmada below 10-yr average
New Delhi: As monsoon gathers momentum,
West flowing rivers were flowing close to their normal level
whereas storage position of rivers like Ganga and Narmada was
below their 10-year average, latest data issued by the Central
Water Commission said today.
The storage position in Indus, rivers of Kutch,
Krishna, Cauvery and North-East flowing rivers and West
flowing rivers of South basins was recorded close to normal.
But that of river Ganga, Narmada, Mahi, Tapi, Sabarmati,
Godavari and Mahanadi was deficient when compared to the
average of previous 10 years.
According to the CWC, the combined live storage in 81
major reservoirs at the beginning of monsoon was 13 per cent
of their designed capacity and stood at 27 per cent of
designed capacity as on July 29.
The present storage is 76 per cent of last year`s
storage and 81 per cent of last 10 years` average storage
during the same period.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview