Storage position of Ganga, Narmada below 10-yr average
New Delhi: As monsoon gathers momentum,
West flowing rivers were flowing close to their normal level
whereas storage position of rivers like Ganga and Narmada was
below their 10-year average, latest data issued by the Central
Water Commission said today.
The storage position in Indus, rivers of Kutch,
Krishna, Cauvery and North-East flowing rivers and West
flowing rivers of South basins was recorded close to normal.
But that of river Ganga, Narmada, Mahi, Tapi, Sabarmati,
Godavari and Mahanadi was deficient when compared to the
average of previous 10 years.
According to the CWC, the combined live storage in 81
major reservoirs at the beginning of monsoon was 13 per cent
of their designed capacity and stood at 27 per cent of
designed capacity as on July 29.
The present storage is 76 per cent of last year`s
storage and 81 per cent of last 10 years` average storage
during the same period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video