Stranded Indian deported from Saudi Arabia
Dubai: A 52-year-old Indian, who was stranded in Saudi Arabia for about a decade as his private sponsor did not allow him to leave, has been sent home after authorities granted him exit visa on medical and humanitarian grounds, Indian consulate in Jeddah has said.
Ranganathan, who hails from Ponparappi village of Perambalur Taluk in Tamil Nadu, came to work as shepherd in the Hail region of Saudi Arabia in 2002. He could not go home as his sponsor did not allow him to leave for years.
Ranganathan fell sick and got high level TB. He was sent to Jeddah by his well wishers and he approached the Consulate for help in his deportation.
He had no travel documents on him and had no details of his Saudi sponsor. On seeing his pathetic condition, the Consulate admitted him in a hospital in Jeddah and provided due medical care, SD Moorthy, consul (welfare) at the Indian
Consulate General in Jeddah, said.
His case was taken up with the Saudi authorities and request was made for his deportation on medical grounds.
According to Moorthy, the authorities expressed granted him exit visa on medical and humanitarian grounds.
As his health condition improved, he requested for early deportation to his home town. The Consulate has provided him air ticket up to Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA