Strengthen jointness among three Services: Antony
New Delhi: Defence Minister A K Antony today stressed on further strengthening jointness among the three Services at the Unified Commanders` Conference here today.
The Unified Commanders` Conference mainly focuses on issues related to the tri-service institutions of the armed forces.
At the meeting, the Defence Minister urged the top commanders to further enhance their jointness among the tri-services institutions, Ministry officials said here.
The Defence Ministry has taken several steps to strengthen the functioning of the three services together and has been assigning the task of disaster management operations such as the Odisha cyclone and the Uttarakhand flood relief under the tri-services Integrated Defence Staff.
The conference was attended by the three Services chiefs, Defence Secretary R K Mathur and other senior officials of the Ministry and the armed forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!