Strengthen jointness among three Services: Antony
New Delhi: Defence Minister A K Antony today stressed on further strengthening jointness among the three Services at the Unified Commanders` Conference here today.
The Unified Commanders` Conference mainly focuses on issues related to the tri-service institutions of the armed forces.
At the meeting, the Defence Minister urged the top commanders to further enhance their jointness among the tri-services institutions, Ministry officials said here.
The Defence Ministry has taken several steps to strengthen the functioning of the three services together and has been assigning the task of disaster management operations such as the Odisha cyclone and the Uttarakhand flood relief under the tri-services Integrated Defence Staff.
The conference was attended by the three Services chiefs, Defence Secretary R K Mathur and other senior officials of the Ministry and the armed forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket