Stress among army officers being studied
New Delhi: The Indian government has undertaken a study to determine the level of distress among young army officers, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said Wednesday.
He told the Lok Sabha that the Defence Institute of Psychological Research (DIPR) was also studying the casual factors that create distress among younger officers and deplete their resources to cope with it.
The DIPR had been asked to suggest remedial measures, and Antony said the project was likely to be completed by October 2013.
The minister added that DIPR had also developed a "Suicide Risk Assessment Test" for the army to identify military personnel at risk so that preventive measures can be taken in advance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?