‘Strict action against culprits in custodial death
Srinagar: Union Home Secretary RK Singh
has said that strict action will be taken against those who
are found involved in the Sopore custodial death and Surankote
fake encounter cases in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Whoever is found involved in these incidents, strict
action will be taken against them. Our philosophy in this
regard is very clear," Singh, who is on a two-day visit to
the state, told reporters here last night.
Singh said action has been taken against some security
personnel in the Surankote fake encounter case.
"In the Sopore incident also, action has been taken
against some people and we will act against others who might
be involved," he added.
A mentally-challenged youth from Rajouri was shot dead
by Army and police in an alleged fake encounter in Surankote
area of Poonch on August 5 and dubbed him as divisional
commander of Lashkar-e-Toiba.
In the other case, a 28-year-old youth died in police
custody on July 31 in Sopore town of Baramulla district after
he was picked up by security forces in connection with the
killing of a civilian a few days ago.
Singh was scheduled to visit Poonch this morning but the
visit had to be cancelled as the chopper could not take off
due to bad weather.
He held separate meetings with top officials of CRPF and
police to review law and order situation, official sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery