‘Strict action against culprits in custodial death
Srinagar: Union Home Secretary RK Singh
has said that strict action will be taken against those who
are found involved in the Sopore custodial death and Surankote
fake encounter cases in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Whoever is found involved in these incidents, strict
action will be taken against them. Our philosophy in this
regard is very clear," Singh, who is on a two-day visit to
the state, told reporters here last night.
Singh said action has been taken against some security
personnel in the Surankote fake encounter case.
"In the Sopore incident also, action has been taken
against some people and we will act against others who might
be involved," he added.
A mentally-challenged youth from Rajouri was shot dead
by Army and police in an alleged fake encounter in Surankote
area of Poonch on August 5 and dubbed him as divisional
commander of Lashkar-e-Toiba.
In the other case, a 28-year-old youth died in police
custody on July 31 in Sopore town of Baramulla district after
he was picked up by security forces in connection with the
killing of a civilian a few days ago.
Singh was scheduled to visit Poonch this morning but the
visit had to be cancelled as the chopper could not take off
due to bad weather.
He held separate meetings with top officials of CRPF and
police to review law and order situation, official sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi