Strong Lokpal if Anna returns to Ramlila: Bedi
New Delhi: Team Anna has started talking
about the return of Anna Hazare to street protest with a
prominent activist Kiran Bedi saying that a strong Lokpal bill
will be passed only if he returns to Ramlila Ground.
"Lokpal bill may go the women`s bill way unless Anna
returns to Ramlila Ground in good health and right season for
effective corrections," Bedi tweeted.
Hazare had called off all agitation plans two days ago
while abruptly ending his fast in Mumbai ahead of schedule due
to failing health and poor response to his protest.
He had also called off the jail bharo agitation which was
to begin today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH