Stud farm owner Hasan Ali permitted to be taken from Patna to Mumbai
Patna: A district court here on Saturday permitted Mumbai police to take Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan with them to Mumbai for production in another case.
Hasan was sent to jail custody till January 17 by Chief Judicial Magistrate Ramakant Yadav yesterday in a case relating to a forged passport, registered at Kotwali police station here.
The Mumbai police today filed an application before the CJM for his production before Mumbai Principal Judge Swapan Joshi in another case, which was accepted.
The CJM directed to produce Hasan before him on January 17.
The Patna court had issued a production warrant against him in an FIR lodged here in 2011.
The matter relates to issue of a passport from Patna in December, 2010, allegedly on the basis of wrong information furnished in the application. Khan had applied for a passport in 2007.
After detecting irregularities, the Patna Passport office had registered an FIR at the Kotwali police station in 2011.
Khan had hit the headlines recently in connection with a tax evasion case. He allegedly siphoned off a huge sum of money abroad without paying tax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list