Stud farm owner Hasan Ali permitted to be taken from Patna to Mumbai
Patna: A district court here on Saturday permitted Mumbai police to take Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan with them to Mumbai for production in another case.
Hasan was sent to jail custody till January 17 by Chief Judicial Magistrate Ramakant Yadav yesterday in a case relating to a forged passport, registered at Kotwali police station here.
The Mumbai police today filed an application before the CJM for his production before Mumbai Principal Judge Swapan Joshi in another case, which was accepted.
The CJM directed to produce Hasan before him on January 17.
The Patna court had issued a production warrant against him in an FIR lodged here in 2011.
The matter relates to issue of a passport from Patna in December, 2010, allegedly on the basis of wrong information furnished in the application. Khan had applied for a passport in 2007.
After detecting irregularities, the Patna Passport office had registered an FIR at the Kotwali police station in 2011.
Khan had hit the headlines recently in connection with a tax evasion case. He allegedly siphoned off a huge sum of money abroad without paying tax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion