Student consumes poison after ragging, 3 booked
Fatehabad (Haryana): Three students of a polytechnic in Haryana have been booked for ragging a junior who consumed poison due to harassment, police said on Tuesday. The three accused are absconding.
Jagtar Singh, a second year engineering diploma student of Guru Nanak Polytechnic here, took poison due to the ragging by the final year students earlier this week. He is still in a hospital in Rohtak town.
The accused were identified as Joginder Singh, Naresh Kumar and Beenu.
"Jagtar said that the seniors forcibly entered his room on the night of December 3. They told him to walk naked. When he refused, they stripped him naked and thrashed him," police officer Shiv Kumar Bishnoi said.
"Following this, Jagtar consumed poison as he could not withstand the humiliation," said Bishnoi.
Polytechnic principal ML Jain denied the allegations of ragging. "Jagtar is studying in our college for two years, and there is no point in ragging an old student. This is a case of personal rivalry," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje