Students can access some DRDO laboratories
New Delhi: Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) laboratories not involved in strategic areas can be accessed by engineering students, parliament was told Monday.
Defence Minister A.K. Antony told the Lok Sabha that students can access these laboratories for academic purposes.
"They are imparted short duration training as recommended by the academic institutions," he said in a written statement.
"During training, they are also exposed to various facilities which are of non-strategic and non-sensitive in nature, maintaining security norms of the concerned laboratories," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says