Students can access some DRDO laboratories
New Delhi: Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) laboratories not involved in strategic areas can be accessed by engineering students, parliament was told Monday.
Defence Minister A.K. Antony told the Lok Sabha that students can access these laboratories for academic purposes.
"They are imparted short duration training as recommended by the academic institutions," he said in a written statement.
"During training, they are also exposed to various facilities which are of non-strategic and non-sensitive in nature, maintaining security norms of the concerned laboratories," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected