Students can access some DRDO laboratories
New Delhi: Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) laboratories not involved in strategic areas can be accessed by engineering students, parliament was told Monday.
Defence Minister A.K. Antony told the Lok Sabha that students can access these laboratories for academic purposes.
"They are imparted short duration training as recommended by the academic institutions," he said in a written statement.
"During training, they are also exposed to various facilities which are of non-strategic and non-sensitive in nature, maintaining security norms of the concerned laboratories," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs