Students can access some DRDO laboratories
New Delhi: Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) laboratories not involved in strategic areas can be accessed by engineering students, parliament was told Monday.
Defence Minister A.K. Antony told the Lok Sabha that students can access these laboratories for academic purposes.
"They are imparted short duration training as recommended by the academic institutions," he said in a written statement.
"During training, they are also exposed to various facilities which are of non-strategic and non-sensitive in nature, maintaining security norms of the concerned laboratories," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company