Students can access some DRDO laboratories
New Delhi: Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) laboratories not involved in strategic areas can be accessed by engineering students, parliament was told Monday.
Defence Minister A.K. Antony told the Lok Sabha that students can access these laboratories for academic purposes.
"They are imparted short duration training as recommended by the academic institutions," he said in a written statement.
"During training, they are also exposed to various facilities which are of non-strategic and non-sensitive in nature, maintaining security norms of the concerned laboratories," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation