Students complain of error in IIT-JEE maths paper
Kanpur: Three students have alleged that
there was a mistake in the maths paper of IIT-JEE this year.
"Three students have alleged in a written complaint that
a question in the maths paper of IIT-JEE was wrong. We have
forwarded the complaint to the committee which had set the
papers and have asked it to submit a report within three
days," IIT Kanpur Director Sanjay Govind Dhande said here
Once the committee completes the probe, adequate steps
will be taken so that students do not have to face any
difficulty, he said.
Dhande, however, said results of the entrance exam will
be announced on May 25 as scheduled, irrespective of the
findings of the committee.
Nearly five lakh aspirants in 131 cities across the
country took the Joint Entrance Examination of Indian
Institutes of Technology on April 10.
A total of 4,85,262 candidates appeared for the test
held at 1,051 centres in 131 cities. There are roughly 10,000
seats in the 16 IITs and Indian School of Mines (ISM),
The results of the entrance examination, conducted this
year by IIT-K (Kanpur), will be declared on May 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble