Students complain of error in IIT-JEE maths paper
Kanpur: Three students have alleged that
there was a mistake in the maths paper of IIT-JEE this year.
"Three students have alleged in a written complaint that
a question in the maths paper of IIT-JEE was wrong. We have
forwarded the complaint to the committee which had set the
papers and have asked it to submit a report within three
days," IIT Kanpur Director Sanjay Govind Dhande said here
Once the committee completes the probe, adequate steps
will be taken so that students do not have to face any
difficulty, he said.
Dhande, however, said results of the entrance exam will
be announced on May 25 as scheduled, irrespective of the
findings of the committee.
Nearly five lakh aspirants in 131 cities across the
country took the Joint Entrance Examination of Indian
Institutes of Technology on April 10.
A total of 4,85,262 candidates appeared for the test
held at 1,051 centres in 131 cities. There are roughly 10,000
seats in the 16 IITs and Indian School of Mines (ISM),
The results of the entrance examination, conducted this
year by IIT-K (Kanpur), will be declared on May 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley