Students complain of error in IIT-JEE maths paper
Kanpur: Three students have alleged that
there was a mistake in the maths paper of IIT-JEE this year.
"Three students have alleged in a written complaint that
a question in the maths paper of IIT-JEE was wrong. We have
forwarded the complaint to the committee which had set the
papers and have asked it to submit a report within three
days," IIT Kanpur Director Sanjay Govind Dhande said here
Once the committee completes the probe, adequate steps
will be taken so that students do not have to face any
difficulty, he said.
Dhande, however, said results of the entrance exam will
be announced on May 25 as scheduled, irrespective of the
findings of the committee.
Nearly five lakh aspirants in 131 cities across the
country took the Joint Entrance Examination of Indian
Institutes of Technology on April 10.
A total of 4,85,262 candidates appeared for the test
held at 1,051 centres in 131 cities. There are roughly 10,000
seats in the 16 IITs and Indian School of Mines (ISM),
The results of the entrance examination, conducted this
year by IIT-K (Kanpur), will be declared on May 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'