Sub Divisional Magistrate found dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A woman Sub Divisional Magistrate was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her car in Outer Delhi Thursday morning.
The body of Meera, the Sub Divisional Magistrate of Model Town, was found in her car in Sector 15 of Rohini at 7:15 am, a senior police official said.
She is a resident of Paschim Vihar, the official said adding her family had been informed about the incident. Further investigations are on.
The official said the car of the 44-year-old SDM was
badly damaged and it appeared that it was hit by a hard
"A bottle of alcohol was recovered from the car," the official said adding the body has been sent for post-mortem. Asked whether Meera died in an accident, he said that police was investigating all angles. "We cannot surely say that is an accident now. We have to investigate the matter".
On recovery of alcohol bottles, the official said investigators cannot say whether she was drunk when the incident took place and only a medical examination will ascertain this.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India