Sub Divisional Magistrate found dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A woman Sub Divisional Magistrate was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her car in Outer Delhi Thursday morning.
The body of Meera, the Sub Divisional Magistrate of Model Town, was found in her car in Sector 15 of Rohini at 7:15 am, a senior police official said.
She is a resident of Paschim Vihar, the official said adding her family had been informed about the incident. Further investigations are on.
The official said the car of the 44-year-old SDM was
badly damaged and it appeared that it was hit by a hard
"A bottle of alcohol was recovered from the car," the official said adding the body has been sent for post-mortem. Asked whether Meera died in an accident, he said that police was investigating all angles. "We cannot surely say that is an accident now. We have to investigate the matter".
On recovery of alcohol bottles, the official said investigators cannot say whether she was drunk when the incident took place and only a medical examination will ascertain this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook