Sub Divisional Magistrate found dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A woman Sub Divisional Magistrate was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her car in Outer Delhi Thursday morning.
The body of Meera, the Sub Divisional Magistrate of Model Town, was found in her car in Sector 15 of Rohini at 7:15 am, a senior police official said.
She is a resident of Paschim Vihar, the official said adding her family had been informed about the incident. Further investigations are on.
The official said the car of the 44-year-old SDM was
badly damaged and it appeared that it was hit by a hard
"A bottle of alcohol was recovered from the car," the official said adding the body has been sent for post-mortem. Asked whether Meera died in an accident, he said that police was investigating all angles. "We cannot surely say that is an accident now. We have to investigate the matter".
On recovery of alcohol bottles, the official said investigators cannot say whether she was drunk when the incident took place and only a medical examination will ascertain this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!