Sub Divisional Magistrate found dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A woman Sub Divisional Magistrate was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her car in Outer Delhi Thursday morning.
The body of Meera, the Sub Divisional Magistrate of Model Town, was found in her car in Sector 15 of Rohini at 7:15 am, a senior police official said.
She is a resident of Paschim Vihar, the official said adding her family had been informed about the incident. Further investigations are on.
The official said the car of the 44-year-old SDM was
badly damaged and it appeared that it was hit by a hard
"A bottle of alcohol was recovered from the car," the official said adding the body has been sent for post-mortem. Asked whether Meera died in an accident, he said that police was investigating all angles. "We cannot surely say that is an accident now. We have to investigate the matter".
On recovery of alcohol bottles, the official said investigators cannot say whether she was drunk when the incident took place and only a medical examination will ascertain this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation