Sub Inspector of Food cell nabbed for accepting bribe
Virudhunagar: A Sub Inspector of Food cell of Civil Supplies corporation was arrested at Aruppukottai in this district today for demanding and accepting Rs 1500 as bribe from a tea shop owner for not registering a case against him, a top police official said.
Venkateswaran, DSP of Directorate of Vigilance and anti Corruption said the tea shop owner was using a domestic LPG cylinder for commercial purposes. Knowing this, SI Bhaskaran had demanded Rs 1500 for not registering any a case and asked him to hand over the cash near the bus stop in that town.
The man filed a complaint with DVAC, which laid a trap and instructed him to hand over chemically treated notes. The SI was nabbed when he accepted the money, he said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi