Sub Inspector of Food cell nabbed for accepting bribe
Virudhunagar: A Sub Inspector of Food cell of Civil Supplies corporation was arrested at Aruppukottai in this district today for demanding and accepting Rs 1500 as bribe from a tea shop owner for not registering a case against him, a top police official said.
Venkateswaran, DSP of Directorate of Vigilance and anti Corruption said the tea shop owner was using a domestic LPG cylinder for commercial purposes. Knowing this, SI Bhaskaran had demanded Rs 1500 for not registering any a case and asked him to hand over the cash near the bus stop in that town.
The man filed a complaint with DVAC, which laid a trap and instructed him to hand over chemically treated notes. The SI was nabbed when he accepted the money, he said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed