Sub Inspector of Food cell nabbed for accepting bribe
Virudhunagar: A Sub Inspector of Food cell of Civil Supplies corporation was arrested at Aruppukottai in this district today for demanding and accepting Rs 1500 as bribe from a tea shop owner for not registering a case against him, a top police official said.
Venkateswaran, DSP of Directorate of Vigilance and anti Corruption said the tea shop owner was using a domestic LPG cylinder for commercial purposes. Knowing this, SI Bhaskaran had demanded Rs 1500 for not registering any a case and asked him to hand over the cash near the bus stop in that town.
The man filed a complaint with DVAC, which laid a trap and instructed him to hand over chemically treated notes. The SI was nabbed when he accepted the money, he said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Tax holiday for start-ups should be raised to 7 years, says Commerce Minister
- Protest in Portugal against private school funding cuts
- Street-shopping kept Alia busy during Gauri Shinde's next
- Abu Dhabi hotel guests to pay new fee on bills - Know what it is
- India to drive world growth for next 10 years: Goh Chok Tong