Sub Inspector of Food cell nabbed for accepting bribe
Virudhunagar: A Sub Inspector of Food cell of Civil Supplies corporation was arrested at Aruppukottai in this district today for demanding and accepting Rs 1500 as bribe from a tea shop owner for not registering a case against him, a top police official said.
Venkateswaran, DSP of Directorate of Vigilance and anti Corruption said the tea shop owner was using a domestic LPG cylinder for commercial purposes. Knowing this, SI Bhaskaran had demanded Rs 1500 for not registering any a case and asked him to hand over the cash near the bus stop in that town.
The man filed a complaint with DVAC, which laid a trap and instructed him to hand over chemically treated notes. The SI was nabbed when he accepted the money, he said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?