Sub Inspector of Food cell nabbed for accepting bribe
Virudhunagar: A Sub Inspector of Food cell of Civil Supplies corporation was arrested at Aruppukottai in this district today for demanding and accepting Rs 1500 as bribe from a tea shop owner for not registering a case against him, a top police official said.
Venkateswaran, DSP of Directorate of Vigilance and anti Corruption said the tea shop owner was using a domestic LPG cylinder for commercial purposes. Knowing this, SI Bhaskaran had demanded Rs 1500 for not registering any a case and asked him to hand over the cash near the bus stop in that town.
The man filed a complaint with DVAC, which laid a trap and instructed him to hand over chemically treated notes. The SI was nabbed when he accepted the money, he said
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?