Subhash Joshi appointed new NSG DG
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Subhash Joshi has been appointed as the new Director General of the `black cats` elite commando force National Security Guard.
The Union Home Ministry issued an order in this regard today after the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) approved his name.
The 1976-batch Uttarakhand cadre IPS officer is currently Special DG of CRPF at its headquarters here.
Joshi will take the place of R K Medhekar, who retired yesterday, and will serve till February 2014.
He is expected to take charge on May 3 as he is currently on a tour of the North East.
The NSG, which undertakes special counter-terror and counter-hijack operations, has expanded its base to major cities like Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Chennai for quick response during emergencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG