Subhash Joshi appointed new NSG DG
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Subhash Joshi has been appointed as the new Director General of the `black cats` elite commando force National Security Guard.
The Union Home Ministry issued an order in this regard today after the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) approved his name.
The 1976-batch Uttarakhand cadre IPS officer is currently Special DG of CRPF at its headquarters here.
Joshi will take the place of R K Medhekar, who retired yesterday, and will serve till February 2014.
He is expected to take charge on May 3 as he is currently on a tour of the North East.
The NSG, which undertakes special counter-terror and counter-hijack operations, has expanded its base to major cities like Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Chennai for quick response during emergencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing