Subhash Joshi appointed new NSG DG
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Subhash Joshi has been appointed as the new Director General of the `black cats` elite commando force National Security Guard.
The Union Home Ministry issued an order in this regard today after the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) approved his name.
The 1976-batch Uttarakhand cadre IPS officer is currently Special DG of CRPF at its headquarters here.
Joshi will take the place of R K Medhekar, who retired yesterday, and will serve till February 2014.
He is expected to take charge on May 3 as he is currently on a tour of the North East.
The NSG, which undertakes special counter-terror and counter-hijack operations, has expanded its base to major cities like Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Chennai for quick response during emergencies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India