Subhash Joshi takes over as NSG DG
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Subhash Joshi has taken charge as the new Director General of the `black cats` commando force National Security Guard (NSG).
A 1976-batch Uttarakhand cadre IPS officer, Joshi was serving as the Special DG of CRPF at its headquarters here before his appointment as NSG DG.
Joshi, who had earlier served as the DGP of Uttarakhand, succeeds earlier RK Medhekar, who retired on April 30, as NSG chief.
Joshi will serve as the NSG chief till February 2014.
The NSG, which undertakes special counter-terror and counter-hijack operations, has expanded its base to major cities like Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Chennai for quick response during emergencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman