Subhash Joshi takes over as NSG DG
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Subhash Joshi has taken charge as the new Director General of the `black cats` commando force National Security Guard (NSG).
A 1976-batch Uttarakhand cadre IPS officer, Joshi was serving as the Special DG of CRPF at its headquarters here before his appointment as NSG DG.
Joshi, who had earlier served as the DGP of Uttarakhand, succeeds earlier RK Medhekar, who retired on April 30, as NSG chief.
Joshi will serve as the NSG chief till February 2014.
The NSG, which undertakes special counter-terror and counter-hijack operations, has expanded its base to major cities like Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Chennai for quick response during emergencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption