Subhash Joshi takes over as NSG DG
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Subhash Joshi has taken charge as the new Director General of the `black cats` commando force National Security Guard (NSG).
A 1976-batch Uttarakhand cadre IPS officer, Joshi was serving as the Special DG of CRPF at its headquarters here before his appointment as NSG DG.
Joshi, who had earlier served as the DGP of Uttarakhand, succeeds earlier RK Medhekar, who retired on April 30, as NSG chief.
Joshi will serve as the NSG chief till February 2014.
The NSG, which undertakes special counter-terror and counter-hijack operations, has expanded its base to major cities like Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Chennai for quick response during emergencies.
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'
- Apple sees huge market potential in India: CEO Tim Cook
- Virat Kohli recommended for Khel Ratna by BCCI, Ajinkya Rahane for Arjuna Award
- Sonia Gandhi received bribe in AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Subramanian Swamy