Subramanian Swamy always talks too much: Congress
New Delhi: Hitting back at Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Saturday, the Congress has taunted that he is a talkative person.
Lashing out at Swamy’s recent allegations against Nehru-Gandhi family, Congress leader PC Chacko said that problem with Swamy is that he always talks too much.
Chacko told a news agency: “Every time he speaks too much outside and when he goes to court, looses the case.”
“What happened in the case of P Chidambaram, he (Swamy) has been saying outside that he has got all the evidence, all the papers? Where all the evidences and papers have gone when he went to the High Court and even in the Supreme Court. He lost like anything,” added Chacko.
Terming it a very ‘indecent behaviour’ Chacko said that Swamy is again blackmailing by picking up a new allegation against congress leadership. Chacko challenged Swamy to go to the court or for any legal remedies if he actually has evidence to support the charges made by him.
“We are in a democracy, he should approach the court and the law of the land should be invoked. Why is he not taking legal action,” asked Chacko. Chacko, who is also the chairman of joint parliamentary committee (JPC), added that they have sentimental attachments to National Herald because it was Jawaharlal Nehru’s brainchild and Congress party has every right to look after its affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH