Subramanian Swamy asks Nitish to reconsider snapping ties with BJP
Muzaffarpur: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Sunday urged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to reconsider his decision to snap ties with the BJP-led NDA over the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s elevation as his party`s poll campaign panel chief two months ago.
"Nitish has been a respected political colleague of ours since the JP movement days in 1970s....His decision to part ways with the BJP-led NDA has come as a surprise to me," Swamy said during a function in Muzaffarpur town.
Recalling his anti-Congress political ideology, Swamy urged Kumar, a senior JD(U) leader, to reconsider his decision to snap ties with the NDA and return to main opposition alliance to ensure defeat of the Congress in the next general elections.
"The people want Modi to become the next prime minister to provide strong leadership and good government in the country," Swamy said and assailed the Congress-led UPA government for presiding over "corruption and scams" during its nearly two-term rule at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH