Subramanian Swamy asks Nitish to reconsider snapping ties with BJP
Muzaffarpur: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Sunday urged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to reconsider his decision to snap ties with the BJP-led NDA over the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s elevation as his party`s poll campaign panel chief two months ago.
"Nitish has been a respected political colleague of ours since the JP movement days in 1970s....His decision to part ways with the BJP-led NDA has come as a surprise to me," Swamy said during a function in Muzaffarpur town.
Recalling his anti-Congress political ideology, Swamy urged Kumar, a senior JD(U) leader, to reconsider his decision to snap ties with the NDA and return to main opposition alliance to ensure defeat of the Congress in the next general elections.
"The people want Modi to become the next prime minister to provide strong leadership and good government in the country," Swamy said and assailed the Congress-led UPA government for presiding over "corruption and scams" during its nearly two-term rule at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan