Subramanian Swamy calls Sonia Gandhi `fifth class pass`
New Delhi: Taking a jibe at Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy on Friday said she had just studied till the fifth grade, and hence, was making senseless statements in connection with the National Herald case.
"Sonia Gandhi is a fifth class pass,and therefore, she does not know anything. This case has nothing to do with the government, so there is no question of a political conspiracy. This case had been filed by me, and it was a private complaint for which the government had sent a notice," said Swamy.
"If today, there is a liquidation of the company, even if it is a non-profit company, the whole money will go to Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi. This company had been established for publishing journals and papers, but they killed the whole idea behind it. They have nothing to defend themselves, and hence, they are saying such things," he added.
Last month, Sonia and Rahul Gandhi were issued summons by a Delhi court in connection with the National Herald newspaper case. They have been asked to appear personally in court on August 7.
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy had filed a complaint on the charge that the Gandhis have swindling the newspaper`s funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?