Subramanian Swamy condemns arrest of Zee Editors
New Delhi: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday condemned the arrests of Zee News editors Samir Ahluwalia and Sudhir Chaudhary.
Swamy said, “I condemn the custodial arrest of two Zee News editors in the alleged sting operation carried out by Congress MP Naveen Jindal.”
Expressing shock he further added, “The arrest is a reckless disregard of two Supreme Court judgements of the 1990s. Custodial interrogation arrests are required only if the two editors, if free, could influence the government investigators.”
However he said that there was no question of that happening. “Hence the arrest flouts the Supreme Court judgements,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone