Subramanian Swamy condemns arrest of Zee Editors
New Delhi: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday condemned the arrests of Zee News editors Samir Ahluwalia and Sudhir Chaudhary.
Swamy said, “I condemn the custodial arrest of two Zee News editors in the alleged sting operation carried out by Congress MP Naveen Jindal.”
Expressing shock he further added, “The arrest is a reckless disregard of two Supreme Court judgements of the 1990s. Custodial interrogation arrests are required only if the two editors, if free, could influence the government investigators.”
However he said that there was no question of that happening. “Hence the arrest flouts the Supreme Court judgements,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu