Subramanian Swamy condemns arrest of Zee Editors
New Delhi: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday condemned the arrests of Zee News editors Samir Ahluwalia and Sudhir Chaudhary.
Swamy said, “I condemn the custodial arrest of two Zee News editors in the alleged sting operation carried out by Congress MP Naveen Jindal.”
Expressing shock he further added, “The arrest is a reckless disregard of two Supreme Court judgements of the 1990s. Custodial interrogation arrests are required only if the two editors, if free, could influence the government investigators.”
However he said that there was no question of that happening. “Hence the arrest flouts the Supreme Court judgements,” he said.
- Rupee has appreciated in real terms since 2014
- Vijay Mallya's resignation from Rajya Sabha rejected; panel recommends expulsion
- Call drops: Telecom companies under heavy debt, SC told
- This is why government unable to ink Rafale fighter jet deal!
- Parliament panel set to recommend Vijay Mallya's expulsion from Rajya Sabha