Subramanian Swamy condemns arrest of Zee Editors
New Delhi: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday condemned the arrests of Zee News editors Samir Ahluwalia and Sudhir Chaudhary.
Swamy said, “I condemn the custodial arrest of two Zee News editors in the alleged sting operation carried out by Congress MP Naveen Jindal.”
Expressing shock he further added, “The arrest is a reckless disregard of two Supreme Court judgements of the 1990s. Custodial interrogation arrests are required only if the two editors, if free, could influence the government investigators.”
However he said that there was no question of that happening. “Hence the arrest flouts the Supreme Court judgements,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves