Subramanian Swamy condemns arrest of Zee Editors
New Delhi: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday condemned the arrests of Zee News editors Samir Ahluwalia and Sudhir Chaudhary.
Swamy said, “I condemn the custodial arrest of two Zee News editors in the alleged sting operation carried out by Congress MP Naveen Jindal.”
Expressing shock he further added, “The arrest is a reckless disregard of two Supreme Court judgements of the 1990s. Custodial interrogation arrests are required only if the two editors, if free, could influence the government investigators.”
However he said that there was no question of that happening. “Hence the arrest flouts the Supreme Court judgements,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'