Subramanian Swamy welcomes SC decision
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy today welcomed the Supreme Court decision to adjudicate itself the pleas of Rajiv Gandhi killers against their death penalty as there was a delay in clearing their mercy petitions by the President.
In a statement, he said he has decided to seek impleadment in the case in Supreme Court to oppose any further leniency to the convicts who came to India to carry out the assassination.
"They must be given death penalty at the earliest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family