Subramanian Swamy welcomes SC decision
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy today welcomed the Supreme Court decision to adjudicate itself the pleas of Rajiv Gandhi killers against their death penalty as there was a delay in clearing their mercy petitions by the President.
In a statement, he said he has decided to seek impleadment in the case in Supreme Court to oppose any further leniency to the convicts who came to India to carry out the assassination.
"They must be given death penalty at the earliest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016, KKR vs SRH: Colin Munro's run-out was the turning point of the match, says Gautam Gambhir
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram