Subramanian Swamy welcomes SC decision
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy today welcomed the Supreme Court decision to adjudicate itself the pleas of Rajiv Gandhi killers against their death penalty as there was a delay in clearing their mercy petitions by the President.
In a statement, he said he has decided to seek impleadment in the case in Supreme Court to oppose any further leniency to the convicts who came to India to carry out the assassination.
"They must be given death penalty at the earliest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days