Sudarshan`s body brought to Nagpur; funeral on Sunday
Nagpur: The body of former RSS chief KS Sudarshan, who passed away in Raipur early on Saturday, was brought to the city by a special flight this evening.
A large number of RSS functionaries and volunteers were present at the city airport to receive the body that was later taken to `Smruti Mandir`, the memorial of RSS founder Keshav Baliram Hedgewar in Reshimbagh.
The mortal remains were kept for public viewing at Maharshi Vyas hall on Smruti Mandir premises, local RSS functionaries Dr Dilip Gupta and Dr Ravindra Joshi said.
The last journey would commence from Reshimbagh and the body would be cremated at Gangabai ghat in eastern part of the city tomorrow, they said.
Hedgewar, second RSS chief Golwalkar Guruji and third Sarsanghchalak Balasaheb Deoras had been cremated in the city, while Sudarshan`s immediate predecessor Prof Rajendra Singh alias Rajju Bhaiyya was cremated in Pune as per his wish.
According to Joshi, senior BJP leader LK Advani, BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, Opposition Leader in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, along with Chief Ministers Narendra Modi (Gujarat), Shivraj Singh Chouhan (Madhya Pradesh), Jagdish Shettar (Karnataka) and Dr Raman Singh (Chhattisgarh ) will remain present here tomorrow.
Incumbent RSS chief Dr Mohan Bhagwat, who was in Parbhani in Marthwada region earlier in the day, rushed back to city.
Chief of Rashtra Sevika Samiti, women`s wing of RSS, Shantakka and her immediate predecessor Pramila Medhe, would also attend the funeral tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal