Sudarshan`s body brought to Nagpur; funeral on Sunday
Nagpur: The body of former RSS chief KS Sudarshan, who passed away in Raipur early on Saturday, was brought to the city by a special flight this evening.
A large number of RSS functionaries and volunteers were present at the city airport to receive the body that was later taken to `Smruti Mandir`, the memorial of RSS founder Keshav Baliram Hedgewar in Reshimbagh.
The mortal remains were kept for public viewing at Maharshi Vyas hall on Smruti Mandir premises, local RSS functionaries Dr Dilip Gupta and Dr Ravindra Joshi said.
The last journey would commence from Reshimbagh and the body would be cremated at Gangabai ghat in eastern part of the city tomorrow, they said.
Hedgewar, second RSS chief Golwalkar Guruji and third Sarsanghchalak Balasaheb Deoras had been cremated in the city, while Sudarshan`s immediate predecessor Prof Rajendra Singh alias Rajju Bhaiyya was cremated in Pune as per his wish.
According to Joshi, senior BJP leader LK Advani, BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, Opposition Leader in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, along with Chief Ministers Narendra Modi (Gujarat), Shivraj Singh Chouhan (Madhya Pradesh), Jagdish Shettar (Karnataka) and Dr Raman Singh (Chhattisgarh ) will remain present here tomorrow.
Incumbent RSS chief Dr Mohan Bhagwat, who was in Parbhani in Marthwada region earlier in the day, rushed back to city.
Chief of Rashtra Sevika Samiti, women`s wing of RSS, Shantakka and her immediate predecessor Pramila Medhe, would also attend the funeral tomorrow.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on