Sudarshan`s body brought to Nagpur; funeral on Sunday
Nagpur: The body of former RSS chief KS Sudarshan, who passed away in Raipur early on Saturday, was brought to the city by a special flight this evening.
A large number of RSS functionaries and volunteers were present at the city airport to receive the body that was later taken to `Smruti Mandir`, the memorial of RSS founder Keshav Baliram Hedgewar in Reshimbagh.
The mortal remains were kept for public viewing at Maharshi Vyas hall on Smruti Mandir premises, local RSS functionaries Dr Dilip Gupta and Dr Ravindra Joshi said.
The last journey would commence from Reshimbagh and the body would be cremated at Gangabai ghat in eastern part of the city tomorrow, they said.
Hedgewar, second RSS chief Golwalkar Guruji and third Sarsanghchalak Balasaheb Deoras had been cremated in the city, while Sudarshan`s immediate predecessor Prof Rajendra Singh alias Rajju Bhaiyya was cremated in Pune as per his wish.
According to Joshi, senior BJP leader LK Advani, BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, Opposition Leader in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, along with Chief Ministers Narendra Modi (Gujarat), Shivraj Singh Chouhan (Madhya Pradesh), Jagdish Shettar (Karnataka) and Dr Raman Singh (Chhattisgarh ) will remain present here tomorrow.
Incumbent RSS chief Dr Mohan Bhagwat, who was in Parbhani in Marthwada region earlier in the day, rushed back to city.
Chief of Rashtra Sevika Samiti, women`s wing of RSS, Shantakka and her immediate predecessor Pramila Medhe, would also attend the funeral tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days