Sudhakar Reddy is new CPI general secretary
Patna: S Sudhakar Reddy was on Saturday elected unopposed as new general secretary of CPI, replacing AB Bardhan who held the post since 1997.
CPI spokesman Kumar Atul Anjaan told a news agency that the national council of the party met here at and elected unopposed S Sudhakar Reddy as its national general secretary.
Reddy would replace AB Bardhan who held the post since 1997.
The national council also elected eight others as members of central secretariat of the party, Anjaan said.
They are AB Bardhan, Gurudas Gupta, D Raja, Amarjit Kaur, Atul Anjan, Shamim Faizi, Pannian Raveendran and Ramendra Kumar.
Reddy who hails from Andhra Pradesh was member of Lok Sabha twice from Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand