Sudhakar Reddy is new CPI general secretary
Patna: S Sudhakar Reddy was on Saturday elected unopposed as new general secretary of CPI, replacing AB Bardhan who held the post since 1997.
CPI spokesman Kumar Atul Anjaan told a news agency that the national council of the party met here at and elected unopposed S Sudhakar Reddy as its national general secretary.
Reddy would replace AB Bardhan who held the post since 1997.
The national council also elected eight others as members of central secretariat of the party, Anjaan said.
They are AB Bardhan, Gurudas Gupta, D Raja, Amarjit Kaur, Atul Anjan, Shamim Faizi, Pannian Raveendran and Ramendra Kumar.
Reddy who hails from Andhra Pradesh was member of Lok Sabha twice from Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir