Sudhir Bhargava appointed Secy, Min of Social Justice
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Sudhir Bhargava was Tuesday appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Bhargava, a 1979 batch officer of Rajasthan cadre, is presently Special Secretary in Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
The post became vacant after Anil Goswani, a 1978 batch IAS officer of Jammu-Kashmir cadre, was appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Home Affairs.
Goswami has joined as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Ministry and will take over as the Secretary after present incumbent R K Singh retires on June 30.
Bhargava as Secretary in the Social Justice Ministry will be responsible for implementation of the government`s schemes related to the welfare of Scheduled Castes, socially and educationally backward classes, denotified tribes, economically backward classes and senior citizens among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015