Sudhir Bhargava appointed Secy, Min of Social Justice
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Sudhir Bhargava was Tuesday appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Bhargava, a 1979 batch officer of Rajasthan cadre, is presently Special Secretary in Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
The post became vacant after Anil Goswani, a 1978 batch IAS officer of Jammu-Kashmir cadre, was appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Home Affairs.
Goswami has joined as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Ministry and will take over as the Secretary after present incumbent R K Singh retires on June 30.
Bhargava as Secretary in the Social Justice Ministry will be responsible for implementation of the government`s schemes related to the welfare of Scheduled Castes, socially and educationally backward classes, denotified tribes, economically backward classes and senior citizens among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan