Sudhir Bhargava appointed Secy, Min of Social Justice
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Sudhir Bhargava was Tuesday appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Bhargava, a 1979 batch officer of Rajasthan cadre, is presently Special Secretary in Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
The post became vacant after Anil Goswani, a 1978 batch IAS officer of Jammu-Kashmir cadre, was appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Home Affairs.
Goswami has joined as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Ministry and will take over as the Secretary after present incumbent R K Singh retires on June 30.
Bhargava as Secretary in the Social Justice Ministry will be responsible for implementation of the government`s schemes related to the welfare of Scheduled Castes, socially and educationally backward classes, denotified tribes, economically backward classes and senior citizens among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried