Suhail Hindustani, a BJP man: Congress
New Delhi: Congress to on Thursday downplayed the
issue of names of some senior Congress leaders cropping up in
the statement of cash-for-vote scam accused Suhail Hindustani
saying the he was a BJP man.
"These things came earlier also during the Parliamentary
panel probe. He (Hindustani) is a BJP man," party spokesperson
Shakeel Ahmed told reporters when asked to comment on
When told that CPI-M General Secretary Prakash Karat was
also attacking the Congress on the issue, Ahmed alleged that
Karat has started "speaking the language of BJP" even since
Left withdrew support from the UPA-I government in 2008.
He said that this very trend has damaged Left in West
Bengal and Kerala.
"A Parliamentary committee headed by a Congress person
looked into the matter. They have recommended that these
things needed to be handed over to police. The court is also
looking into the matter. If the courts will ask Delhi police
to investigate anybody, law enforcing agencies are bound to
act. Leave the matter to the honourable court," Ahmed said,
when pointed out that no Congressman has been quizzed by the
police in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city