Suhail Hindustani, a BJP man: Congress
New Delhi: Congress to on Thursday downplayed the
issue of names of some senior Congress leaders cropping up in
the statement of cash-for-vote scam accused Suhail Hindustani
saying the he was a BJP man.
"These things came earlier also during the Parliamentary
panel probe. He (Hindustani) is a BJP man," party spokesperson
Shakeel Ahmed told reporters when asked to comment on
When told that CPI-M General Secretary Prakash Karat was
also attacking the Congress on the issue, Ahmed alleged that
Karat has started "speaking the language of BJP" even since
Left withdrew support from the UPA-I government in 2008.
He said that this very trend has damaged Left in West
Bengal and Kerala.
"A Parliamentary committee headed by a Congress person
looked into the matter. They have recommended that these
things needed to be handed over to police. The court is also
looking into the matter. If the courts will ask Delhi police
to investigate anybody, law enforcing agencies are bound to
act. Leave the matter to the honourable court," Ahmed said,
when pointed out that no Congressman has been quizzed by the
police in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price