Suhail Hindustani, a BJP man: Congress
New Delhi: Congress to on Thursday downplayed the
issue of names of some senior Congress leaders cropping up in
the statement of cash-for-vote scam accused Suhail Hindustani
saying the he was a BJP man.
"These things came earlier also during the Parliamentary
panel probe. He (Hindustani) is a BJP man," party spokesperson
Shakeel Ahmed told reporters when asked to comment on
When told that CPI-M General Secretary Prakash Karat was
also attacking the Congress on the issue, Ahmed alleged that
Karat has started "speaking the language of BJP" even since
Left withdrew support from the UPA-I government in 2008.
He said that this very trend has damaged Left in West
Bengal and Kerala.
"A Parliamentary committee headed by a Congress person
looked into the matter. They have recommended that these
things needed to be handed over to police. The court is also
looking into the matter. If the courts will ask Delhi police
to investigate anybody, law enforcing agencies are bound to
act. Leave the matter to the honourable court," Ahmed said,
when pointed out that no Congressman has been quizzed by the
police in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi