Suhail Hindustani, a BJP man: Congress
New Delhi: Congress to on Thursday downplayed the
issue of names of some senior Congress leaders cropping up in
the statement of cash-for-vote scam accused Suhail Hindustani
saying the he was a BJP man.
"These things came earlier also during the Parliamentary
panel probe. He (Hindustani) is a BJP man," party spokesperson
Shakeel Ahmed told reporters when asked to comment on
When told that CPI-M General Secretary Prakash Karat was
also attacking the Congress on the issue, Ahmed alleged that
Karat has started "speaking the language of BJP" even since
Left withdrew support from the UPA-I government in 2008.
He said that this very trend has damaged Left in West
Bengal and Kerala.
"A Parliamentary committee headed by a Congress person
looked into the matter. They have recommended that these
things needed to be handed over to police. The court is also
looking into the matter. If the courts will ask Delhi police
to investigate anybody, law enforcing agencies are bound to
act. Leave the matter to the honourable court," Ahmed said,
when pointed out that no Congressman has been quizzed by the
police in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?