Sukhbir slams Congress for being lenient on corruption
Ghudda (Punjab): Deputy Chief Minister of
Punjab Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday slammed the Congress-led UPA
government at the Centre for being lenient on corruption in
various ministries and said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has
failed to act against his cabinet colleagues.
Congress has failed to take on his allies and every
minister has his own fiefdom, he told reporters after laying
the foundation stones of sports school and two irrigation
"Prime Minister`s reluctance to act firmly against
his ministers has affected people as Indian treasury has
become poorer by lacs of crores due corruption," he said.
He advised UPA to learn from NDA that how a coalition
is run in the government. "If Prime Minister is feeling
incapable of running the coalition government, he should make
way for NDA government in the centre," he said.
On Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh`s charges of
irregularities in the selection of 312 Doctors by the Punjab
Public Service Commission, Badal said the High Court has
ordered inquiry into the case by Punjab Vigilance Bureau,
which has submitted its report. "It is upon the Court to
take a decision on the scraping of selection of doctors by
PPSC," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video