Sukhna land scam: Court martial process begins
Guwahati: The general court martial proceedings against retired Lt Gen Awadesh Prakash in the Sukhna land scam on Monday commenced here.
The hearing which is expected to be extended for the
next couple of days was conducted amid tight security at the
51 sub area Army military station in Narengi.
Lt Gen (retd) Prakash is facing charges for being
allegedly involved in the Sukhna land scandal in Siliguri
during his tenure as the 33 army core commander.
According to army sources here, several hearings will
be conducted in the first such general court martial held in
the military station.
The final verdict is however expected to take time as
more hearings are scheduled to be held, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard
- Mitsubishi Motors overstated fuel economy on eight more models - Nikkei