Sukhna land scam: Court martial process begins
Guwahati: The general court martial proceedings against retired Lt Gen Awadesh Prakash in the Sukhna land scam on Monday commenced here.
The hearing which is expected to be extended for the
next couple of days was conducted amid tight security at the
51 sub area Army military station in Narengi.
Lt Gen (retd) Prakash is facing charges for being
allegedly involved in the Sukhna land scandal in Siliguri
during his tenure as the 33 army core commander.
According to army sources here, several hearings will
be conducted in the first such general court martial held in
the military station.
The final verdict is however expected to take time as
more hearings are scheduled to be held, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?