Sukhna land scam: Court martial process begins
Guwahati: The general court martial proceedings against retired Lt Gen Awadesh Prakash in the Sukhna land scam on Monday commenced here.
The hearing which is expected to be extended for the
next couple of days was conducted amid tight security at the
51 sub area Army military station in Narengi.
Lt Gen (retd) Prakash is facing charges for being
allegedly involved in the Sukhna land scandal in Siliguri
during his tenure as the 33 army core commander.
According to army sources here, several hearings will
be conducted in the first such general court martial held in
the military station.
The final verdict is however expected to take time as
more hearings are scheduled to be held, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ethics committee Chairman to present report on Vijay Mallya in Rajya Sabha today
- AgustaWestland chopper deal scam: CBI grills ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi, Gautam Khaitan
- Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray advance to 3rd round at Madrid Masters
- Kerala shamed again: Now, a nursing student gang-raped near Thiruvananthapuram
- This portable device can test your food for glutten in less than 2 minutes!