Sukhna land scam: Court martial process begins
Guwahati: The general court martial proceedings against retired Lt Gen Awadesh Prakash in the Sukhna land scam on Monday commenced here.
The hearing which is expected to be extended for the
next couple of days was conducted amid tight security at the
51 sub area Army military station in Narengi.
Lt Gen (retd) Prakash is facing charges for being
allegedly involved in the Sukhna land scandal in Siliguri
during his tenure as the 33 army core commander.
According to army sources here, several hearings will
be conducted in the first such general court martial held in
the military station.
The final verdict is however expected to take time as
more hearings are scheduled to be held, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part IV
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- Normandy church attack: French priest, two hostage takers killed; Islamic State claims responsibility
- Kargil war: When Pakistan faced stinging defeat at the hands of India - Watch
- Narsingh Yadav Doping Scandal: Wrestler's food was spiked by an intruder, reveals hostel cook
- Chhattisgarh using only its share of Mahanadi water: Raman Singh
- Assembly elections: AAP to release 'Dalit Manifestos' in Punjab, Gujarat, Goa