Sukhna land scam: Court martial process begins
Guwahati: The general court martial proceedings against retired Lt Gen Awadesh Prakash in the Sukhna land scam on Monday commenced here.
The hearing which is expected to be extended for the
next couple of days was conducted amid tight security at the
51 sub area Army military station in Narengi.
Lt Gen (retd) Prakash is facing charges for being
allegedly involved in the Sukhna land scandal in Siliguri
during his tenure as the 33 army core commander.
According to army sources here, several hearings will
be conducted in the first such general court martial held in
the military station.
The final verdict is however expected to take time as
more hearings are scheduled to be held, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar