Sukhram and Raja will be in same jail in Tihar
New Delhi: Former Telecom Minister Sukhram,
who was on Saturday awarded 5 years` imprisonment in a telecom scam
case, will be lodged in Tihar prisons` jail number 1 which
also houses A Raja.
According to the Deputy Inspector General of Tihar
Prisons, R N Sharma, Sukhram, who was convicted in a 1996
telecom scam case, will be kept in jail number 1 of the Tihar
This jail also houses A Raja, anothe former Telecom
Minister, since Februrary 17 this year after his arrest in
connection with 2G spectrum allocation scam.
"Sukhram will be kept in jail number 1. No special
treatment will be extended to the former minister," Sharma
86-year-old Sukhram was held guilty of misusing his
official position during his tenure as Telecom Minister in
award of contract worth Rs 30 crore to private firm Haryana
Telecom Limited (HTL) to supply 3.5 Lakh Conductor Kilometers
(LCKM) of Polythene Insulated Jelly Filled (PIJF) cables to
the telecom department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical