Sukna court martial adjourns till July 8
Guwahati: The Court conducting the court
martial of Sukna land scam accused Lieutenant General
(retired) Awadesh Prakash on Wednesday examined the replies of the
The accused had earlier challenged the jurisdiction of
the court and its members, but the court had maintained its
jurisdiction and that the constitution of its members was in
The court located at the 51 sub area army military
station in Narengi here then adjourned till July 8.
The proceedings were in the premiminary stage and more
than two weeks would be required to start the general court
martial, army officials said.
Prakash was held guilty by the court of inquiry last year
prior to his retirement on January 31, 2010.
The order for his court martial was given following the
intervention of Defence Minister A K Antony.
Prakash, who was the Military Secretary in former army
chief Deepak Kapoor`s office, together with Lieutenant
General P K Rath, General Ramesh Halgali and Major Genearl P C
Sen were found guilty of illegally giving land near Sukna
military station in West Bengal`s Darjeeling district to
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata