Sukna court martial adjourns till July 8
Guwahati: The Court conducting the court
martial of Sukna land scam accused Lieutenant General
(retired) Awadesh Prakash on Wednesday examined the replies of the
The accused had earlier challenged the jurisdiction of
the court and its members, but the court had maintained its
jurisdiction and that the constitution of its members was in
The court located at the 51 sub area army military
station in Narengi here then adjourned till July 8.
The proceedings were in the premiminary stage and more
than two weeks would be required to start the general court
martial, army officials said.
Prakash was held guilty by the court of inquiry last year
prior to his retirement on January 31, 2010.
The order for his court martial was given following the
intervention of Defence Minister A K Antony.
Prakash, who was the Military Secretary in former army
chief Deepak Kapoor`s office, together with Lieutenant
General P K Rath, General Ramesh Halgali and Major Genearl P C
Sen were found guilty of illegally giving land near Sukna
military station in West Bengal`s Darjeeling district to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?