Sukna: Prosecution present evidences before court
Guwahati: The court conducting the court
martial of Sukna land scam accused Lt Gen (retired) Awadesh
Prasad on Saturday admitted evidences from the prosecution.
In a brief hearing held at the 51 sub area army
military station, the court admitted the evidences and was
adjourned till Monday.
The court, which is currently in the preliminary stage
of the proceedings, has already admitted and examined the
replies of the defence.
It would require more than two weeks to start the
general court martial trial.
The accused had earlier challenged the jurisdiction of
the court and its members conducting his court martial but the
court maintained that the jurisdiction and the constitution of
its members were in order.
Prakash, who was military secretary in former army
chief Deepak Kumar`s office was held guilty by the court of
inquiry last year and his court martial orders were given
following the intervention of Defence Minister A K Antony.
prior to his retirement on January 31, 2010.
Prakash, along with Lt Gen Rath, Lt Gen Ramesh
Halgali and Major Gen P K Sen, was found guilty of illegally
giving land near Sukhna cantonment to private builders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi