Sukna: Prosecution present evidences before court
Guwahati: The court conducting the court
martial of Sukna land scam accused Lt Gen (retired) Awadesh
Prasad on Saturday admitted evidences from the prosecution.
In a brief hearing held at the 51 sub area army
military station, the court admitted the evidences and was
adjourned till Monday.
The court, which is currently in the preliminary stage
of the proceedings, has already admitted and examined the
replies of the defence.
It would require more than two weeks to start the
general court martial trial.
The accused had earlier challenged the jurisdiction of
the court and its members conducting his court martial but the
court maintained that the jurisdiction and the constitution of
its members were in order.
Prakash, who was military secretary in former army
chief Deepak Kumar`s office was held guilty by the court of
inquiry last year and his court martial orders were given
following the intervention of Defence Minister A K Antony.
prior to his retirement on January 31, 2010.
Prakash, along with Lt Gen Rath, Lt Gen Ramesh
Halgali and Major Gen P K Sen, was found guilty of illegally
giving land near Sukhna cantonment to private builders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!